- Filed Under
BOISE, Idaho — An 18-year-old Marine has died in a Meridian apartment, and authorities suspect carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Meridian Police Department said in a statement Sunday that the man's girlfriend found him unresponsive Saturday on the bedroom floor.
The man's girlfriend called for help, and then she fell ill and had to be hospitalized.
Meridian Police Deputy Chief Tracy Basterrechea said authorities believe the cause of the man's death was carbon monoxide poisoning. Basterrechea said authorities are awaiting test results for confirmation.
The Idaho Statesman reports that authorities did not identify the victim and said the Ada County coroner planned to release his name Monday.