- Filed Under
BOISE, Idaho — A state inspector says he found lethal levels of carbon monoxide at a Meridian apartment complex where an 18-year-old Marine died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/01/18/2416696/inspector-found-furnace-faulty.html">The Idaho Statesman reported in a story published Friday that Jerry Peterson of the Idaho Division of Building Safety found the unsafe levels while investigating gas appliances during an inspection on Nov. 14 through Nov. 16 at Sagecrest Apartments.
Authorities say McQuen Forbush died from acute carbon monoxide poisoning at the apartment complex on Nov. 10.
Peterson's report said the furnace in the apartment where Forbush died didn't function properly, and a buildup of lint in the vent system may have prevented the gas from burning cleanly.
Meridian Police Deputy Chief Tracy Basterrechea said police have not finished their investigation.
Join trending discussions in the military's #1 professional community. See what members like yourself have to say from across the DoD.