- Filed Under
MERIDIAN, Idaho A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against the owners of a Meridian apartment building and its property management company after an 18-year-old Marine died of carbon monoxide poisoning in his girlfriend's apartment last November.
KTVB-TV reported that attorneys filed the lawsuit Thursday on behalf of McQuen Forbush's family and his girlfriend, who also was affected by the carbon monoxide gas. The lawsuit also names a plumbing company and the manufacturer of the water heater that apparently caused the carbon monoxide leak.
The lawsuit alleges the owner of the apartment complex was aware of dangerous conditions related to water heaters in the complex but did not fix the problem.