Thursday, April 4
- Officials: General fired over alcohol, sex allegations
- U.S. service secretaries take voluntary pay cut
- U.N. condemns targeting of civilians in Afghanistan
- Pentagon draws up ‘rules of engagement’ for cyber-war
- Army calls on VA to work harder on disability checks
- Marine seeks support to go to space
- Senators to DoD: Where’s the tuition assistance?
- DoDEA may have to fit furloughs into just 2 months
- Afghan official: NATO airstrike kills 6 in east
- Army medic's hidden photos inspire Holocaust film
- Former Marine dreams of taps playing every night, everywhere
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Marine Corps cracks down on how troops style their hair
2Have Afghan forces intentionally surrendered turf in Sangin to the Taliban?
3Marine Corps: Guaranteed careers for staff sergeants at risk
4Medical retirees included in COLA reductions
5Five new conditions presumed service-connected in TBI victims
- Professor: Marines can stop bad behavior by speaking up, reminding wrong-doers of their identity
- UK media: British 3-star disputes claim his troops failed to prevent Camp Bastion attack
- Marines engage Afghan insurgents in pitched battles as 2014 withdrawal looms