Wednesday, May 8
- 3 Marine officers removed in wake of deadly mortar accident in Hawthorne, Nev.
- Facebook pulls page that denigrates female Marines
- Task force Marines protect embassy in Libya, advise in Africa
- Benghazi probe stokes political controversy
- Soldier says she faced harassment over Muslim name
- U.S. discussing giving Russia missile defense data
- Cyberattacks a growing irritant in U.S.-China ties
- Former employees at Albany admit taking bribes
- South Korean leader: Nuclear-armed North unacceptable
- Documents: LAV seat glitch caused Marine's Afghanistan death
- Measure to ban VA executive bonuses among bills passed by House committee
- New VA hospitals: Months overdue, millions over budget
- Program helps war-wounded veterans restart civilian lives
- NATO probes charges of misconduct in Afghanistan
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Lejeune mess hall dedicated to Marines who died stopping bomb truck
2Research raises concerns for new helmet design
3Cave team: Erin Corwin found in unmapped gold mine
4How one female officer won over her skeptical combat-arms Marines
5Rep. Hunter: Islamic State just 'guys in pajamas,' not an 'existential threat'
- Video: Kyle Carpenter leads South Carolina fans in pregame cheer
- 15th and 13th Marine Expeditionary Units launch Twitter war
- Marine mascot Chesty XIV becomes an NCO