Tuesday, July 2
- Military closes, cuts hours at some swimming pools
- Hero V-22 crew recalls near-death recon mission
- Marine Corps honors DoDEA director
- Fearing chaos, U.S. wades into Egypt turmoil
- Troops still wary of admitting mental health problems
- Several former Marines among 19 firefighters killed in Ariz.
- Officials: U.S. drone attack kills 4 militants in Pakistan
- In worldwide surveillance age, U.S. has big edge
- U.S. pushes on stalled 9/11 case at Guantanamo
- Waivers of specialty care referrals end in Tricare West
- Snowden drops Russia asylum request
- Officials: Bombs, clashes kill at least 60 in Iraq
- 3 years as captive in Korea defined veteran's life
- WWII vet returning Okinawa battle flag to Japan
- Troops get free admission to Va. theme park
- IG: Iraq reconstruction holds harsh lessons for U.S.
- Obama, Bush pay tribute to victims of 1998 embassy bombings
- Taliban hit NATO supply compound in Kabul, killing 7
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Dunford confirmed as 36th commandant of the Marine Corps
2Few takers in first year of Marine career sabbatical program
3Sergeant major portrayed in 'Generation Kill' faces child sex charges
4Marines file charges against corporal suspected of deserting twice
5Investigation reveals creepy details behind Marine colonel's firing
- Viral video shows Marines confronting apparent military faker
- Public speaker apologizes to Marines for wearing DI uniform
- Recruit: Should I tell my DIs itís my birthday?