Tuesday, July 2
- Military closes, cuts hours at some swimming pools
- Hero V-22 crew recalls near-death recon mission
- Marine Corps honors DoDEA director
- Fearing chaos, U.S. wades into Egypt turmoil
- Troops still wary of admitting mental health problems
- Several former Marines among 19 firefighters killed in Ariz.
- Officials: U.S. drone attack kills 4 militants in Pakistan
- In worldwide surveillance age, U.S. has big edge
- U.S. pushes on stalled 9/11 case at Guantanamo
- Waivers of specialty care referrals end in Tricare West
- Snowden drops Russia asylum request
- Officials: Bombs, clashes kill at least 60 in Iraq
- 3 years as captive in Korea defined veteran's life
- WWII vet returning Okinawa battle flag to Japan
- Troops get free admission to Va. theme park
- IG: Iraq reconstruction holds harsh lessons for U.S.
- Obama, Bush pay tribute to victims of 1998 embassy bombings
- Taliban hit NATO supply compound in Kabul, killing 7
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Marine dies in Iraq, second reported loss tied to Islamic State fight
2Fallen Marine awarded Bronze Star for heroism in 'Operation Nightmare'
3New rules are official for promotion to corporal through gunny
4Ask the Lawyer: Be careful when, to whom you admit drug use
5After delay in Philippines, 31st MEU heads back to Japan
- Time Lapse: Watch Terminal Lance’s Marine author draw a comic strip
- Marine shot by Afghanistan sniper walks away unscathed
- Corps’ new CMC issues 239th birthday message to Marines
- PT365 Run Plans | Marathon race tips: Run it like a hybrid car from Lt. Col. (Dr.) Mark Cucuzzella
- CrossFit vs. unit PT | Troops will do the training plans in what’s likely the biggest CrossFit study ever
- GearScout | How to gear up for a stage race from a gear pro and 170-mile Grand to Grand finisher