Wednesday, July 3
- Vast war letter collection shows sacrifice
- Marines poised for mission in Egypt
- MARPAT shorts from Ralph Lauren?
- Obama treads cautiously on Egypt leader's ouster
- Egypt's military ousts President Morsi, orders new elections
- Movie Review: Hi ho — no!
- Editorial: Evidence vital to fairness
- U.S. defends force-feeding of Guantanamo prisoners
- Montford Marine finally gets congressional medal
- Editorial: Check the 'married' box
- Senators aim to enhance voting rights for military
- At least 17 dead in Iraq attacks
- German official: Drop U.S. sites if you fear spying
- Letters from father of U.S. Navy surface in S.C.
- Veterans of Korea recall their 'Forgotten War'
- Troops, vets can see 'White House Down' for free on July 4
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Sources: Marine Kyle Carpenter will receive MoH for heroism in Afghanistan
2Two EOD techs take fall for Pendleton mishap that killed four
3Pentagon: Half of stateside Marine units at unacceptable readiness levels
4Generals shed light on reports Afghan forces surrendered turf in Sangin
5Maj. Kurt Lee, Korean War hero, dies at 88
- Marine Corps discharges captain tied to sniper scandal
- Gen. “Mad Dog” Mattis just gave what may be the most motivating speech of all time
- Fallen Marine’s family claims reporter played “race card”