Tuesday, July 9
- DoD: No decision on U.S. troops in Afghanistan after 2014
- Gov't asks court to reinstate Marine's murder conviction
- Pentagon takes 'second look' at embattled MIA unit
- 6 dismissed in 1st day of Fort Hood shooting trial
- Calif. hiring state workers to help VA with claims
- Taliban close Qatar office to protest flag fracas
- Former judge admits flaws in secret FISA court
- Witness in Manning trial: No harm to U.S. from leaked files on Gitmo detainees
- Low-interest loans can help families survive furloughs
- Lawmaker: VA should make sure homeless shelters are fire safe
- New Defense Health Agency taking shape
- House committee, VA clash over requests for data
- Senators deal death blow to big Tricare fee hikes
- 17 villagers, NATO soldier killed in Afghanistan attacks
- Dempsey: 'There will be changes in family support programs'
- Marine cpl. who lost leg reflects on injury, recovery
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Fallen Marine awarded Bronze Star for heroism in 'Operation Nightmare'
2Marine Corps booted suspected Indiana serial killer in 1993
31,000-pound pod falls off Marine Corps Prowler mid-flight
4Beirut mission renewed: Marines take pride in returning to guard embassy
5Editorial: Who's kidding whom?
- Time Lapse: Watch Terminal Lance’s Marine author draw a comic strip
- Marine shot by Afghanistan sniper walks away unscathed
- Corps’ new CMC issues 239th birthday message to Marines
- PT365 Run Plans | Marathon race tips: Run it like a hybrid car from Lt. Col. (Dr.) Mark Cucuzzella
- CrossFit vs. unit PT | Troops will do the training plans in what’s likely the biggest CrossFit study ever
- GearScout | How to gear up for a stage race from a gear pro and 170-mile Grand to Grand finisher