Wednesday, July 17
- Hagel orders HQ staff funding cut 20 percent
- Despite Pentagon claims, Marine colonel sought in Benghazi investigation not yet retired
- Congressman: Did politics ground Miramar Air Show?
- Kingpin capture shows role of U.S.-trained Mexican marines
- Cuba calls weapons on North Korean ship 'obsolete'
- N. Korea arms seizure could hurt U.S.-Cuba detente
- Disputes between Morsi, military led to Egypt coup
- Marine death under investigation following medical evacuation from aircraft carrier
- Gold Star spouses ask Congress for relief from 'widow's tax'
- On-base same-sex weddings expected to increase after DOMA ruling
- Workers restoring second-oldest military cemetery
- Al-Qaida branch confirms its No. 2 killed in Yemen
- Marine museum to honor war horse with monument
- Experts want to help troops improve finances, avoid scams
- Former Marine convicted in Miramar bribery scheme
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1App allows you to check uniform regs on your smartphone
2Marines pull out of Afghanistan's Nimroz province
3Marine to receive Navy Cross for heroism in Afghanistan
44-star: Armed attackers in Ukraine are Russian troops in disguise
5Tank officer who led Marines in 5-day battle to receive Leftwich Trophy
- Rep. Jim Moran slams the Duffel Blog, somehow misses the joke
- We made the mistake of asking readers who would play Mattis in a movie. The response was swift and decisive
- Four key graphics show the future face of Marine Corps operations