Wednesday, July 17
- Hagel orders HQ staff funding cut 20 percent
- Despite Pentagon claims, Marine colonel sought in Benghazi investigation not yet retired
- Congressman: Did politics ground Miramar Air Show?
- Kingpin capture shows role of U.S.-trained Mexican marines
- Cuba calls weapons on North Korean ship 'obsolete'
- N. Korea arms seizure could hurt U.S.-Cuba detente
- Disputes between Morsi, military led to Egypt coup
- Marine death under investigation following medical evacuation from aircraft carrier
- Gold Star spouses ask Congress for relief from 'widow's tax'
- On-base same-sex weddings expected to increase after DOMA ruling
- Workers restoring second-oldest military cemetery
- Al-Qaida branch confirms its No. 2 killed in Yemen
- Marine museum to honor war horse with monument
- Experts want to help troops improve finances, avoid scams
- Former Marine convicted in Miramar bribery scheme
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Dunford confirmed as 36th commandant of the Marine Corps
2Marines file charges against corporal suspected of deserting twice
3Few takers in first year of Marine career sabbatical program
4Sergeant major portrayed in 'Generation Kill' faces child sex charges
5Plot thickens after Marine Corps commandant's interview with NPR
- Viral video shows Marines confronting apparent military faker
- Public speaker apologizes to Marines for wearing DI uniform
- Recruit: Should I tell my DIs itís my birthday?