Thursday, August 8
- Fired Guantanamo Bay CMC denies 'personal misconduct' allegations
- Review could lead to higher prices at the commissary
- U.S., Philippines to open talks on larger U.S. troop presence
- Yemen official: U.S. drones kill 12 in 3 airstrikes
- Top DoD doctor: Black-box malaria drug should be prescribed only as last resort
- Local cease-fire deals could hasten Afghan peace
- Expert says enemy could've used Manning's leaked info
- America votes military spouses choir to next round of 'America's Got Talent'
- 10 vital school supplies you never knew you'd need
- Photo gallery: Retired Marine working dog finds new home
- Pentagon's information operations chief moves on
- 3 charged in Pasadena death of Marine reservist
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Sergeant major portrayed in 'Generation Kill' faces child sex charges
2Investigation reveals creepy details behind Marine colonel's firing
3Officer who trained first black Marines laid to rest
4Marine who knew missing California woman arrested
5Video: Marine veteran saves woman from oncoming freight train
- Public speaker apologizes to Marines for wearing DI uniform
- Recruit: Should I tell my DIs itís my birthday?
- Video: Marine held in Mexico gets day in court