Thursday, October 10
- POW/MIA return ceremonies purely 'symbolic,' DoD admits
- Obama signs bill to restore military death benefits
- Marine Corps awards contracts for next-generation body armor
- Two mids to face court-martial in academy rape case
- Military academy sports to go on despite shutdown
- Taliban mocks U.S. government shutdown
- Cracks found in F-35B test model
- Arlington's sweep of gravesite mementos distresses families of fallen
- U.N. extends NATO force in Afghanistan for last time
- Deputy defense secretary Carter to step down
- Families feel far-reaching effects from shutdown
- Vets, widows say VA passes out pain meds too readily
- GOP offers short-term debt deal; White House a 'maybe'
- Marine Corps Marathon will change registration process for 2014
- NYC police: 2 sought boots, coats for Taliban
- Family of deployed airman fights town over abandoned car law
- Chemical weapons inspectors visit 3 Syria sites
- Egypt balks at aid freeze, calls it 'incorrect'
- Tainted workout supplement suspected in hepatitis cases
- Fear grips Somali town raided by SEAL commandoes
- North Korea replaces hard-line military chief
- Treasury Secretary warns seven days to default
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Sergeant major portrayed in 'Generation Kill' faces child sex charges
2Investigation reveals creepy details behind Marine colonel's firing
3Officer who trained first black Marines laid to rest
4Marine who knew missing California woman arrested
5Video: Marine veteran saves woman from oncoming freight train
- Public speaker apologizes to Marines for wearing DI uniform
- Recruit: Should I tell my DIs itís my birthday?
- Video: Marine held in Mexico gets day in court