Thursday, October 10
- POW/MIA return ceremonies purely 'symbolic,' DoD admits
- Obama signs bill to restore military death benefits
- Marine Corps awards contracts for next-generation body armor
- Two mids to face court-martial in academy rape case
- Military academy sports to go on despite shutdown
- Taliban mocks U.S. government shutdown
- Cracks found in F-35B test model
- Arlington's sweep of gravesite mementos distresses families of fallen
- U.N. extends NATO force in Afghanistan for last time
- Deputy defense secretary Carter to step down
- Families feel far-reaching effects from shutdown
- Vets, widows say VA passes out pain meds too readily
- GOP offers short-term debt deal; White House a 'maybe'
- Marine Corps Marathon will change registration process for 2014
- NYC police: 2 sought boots, coats for Taliban
- Family of deployed airman fights town over abandoned car law
- Chemical weapons inspectors visit 3 Syria sites
- Egypt balks at aid freeze, calls it 'incorrect'
- Tainted workout supplement suspected in hepatitis cases
- Fear grips Somali town raided by SEAL commandoes
- North Korea replaces hard-line military chief
- Treasury Secretary warns seven days to default
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1USFK: Troops cannot pay for the companionship of 'juicy girls'
2Marine drill instructors weigh in on viral video face-off
3Possible Islamic State leaflets found near Marine Corps Base Quantico
4Three women dropped from Marines' infantry officer course will not reattempt
5Real Marine stars in satirical military homecoming video
- Candy is dandy: Marine health clinic passes out sweets taped to condoms
- Time Lapse: Watch Terminal Lance’s Marine author draw a comic strip
- Marine shot by Afghanistan sniper walks away unscathed