Tuesday, December 17
- BAH rates up 5 percent in 2014; program changes on horizon
- Have Afghan forces intentionally surrendered turf in Sangin to the Taliban?
- Corps: Marine officer kept classified docs to pen book
- Medical retirees included in COLA reductions
- NATO: Afghanistan helo crash kills 6 U.S. troops
- Active-duty Marines to lead training mission in Central America
- Family of slain Marine want alleged shooter tried in U.S.
- Former Marine receives Silver Star for Afghanistan heroics
- Japan's hawks unveil sweeping defense upgrades
- U.S. orders staff out of South Sudan amid unrest
- Afghan security deal to be OK'd 'in timely manner'
- Guantanamo judge ejects defendant at 9/11 hearing
- U.S. boosts support for Philippines security forces
- Senate clears way for final vote on broad budget deal
- Balancing school and deployment
- Schools open campuses in booming markets abroad
- Education briefs
- Fast degrees for troops
- Senate confirms Johnson as new DHS secretary
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Sources: Marine Kyle Carpenter will receive MoH for heroism in Afghanistan
2Two EOD techs take fall for Pendleton mishap that killed four
3Pentagon: Half of stateside Marine units at unacceptable readiness levels
4Generals shed light on reports Afghan forces surrendered turf in Sangin
5Maj. Kurt Lee, Korean War hero, dies at 88
- Marine Corps discharges captain tied to sniper scandal
- Gen. “Mad Dog” Mattis just gave what may be the most motivating speech of all time
- Fallen Marine’s family claims reporter played “race card”