Tuesday, December 17
- BAH rates up 5 percent in 2014; program changes on horizon
- Have Afghan forces intentionally surrendered turf in Sangin to the Taliban?
- Corps: Marine officer kept classified docs to pen book
- Medical retirees included in COLA reductions
- NATO: Afghanistan helo crash kills 6 U.S. troops
- Active-duty Marines to lead training mission in Central America
- Family of slain Marine want alleged shooter tried in U.S.
- Former Marine receives Silver Star for Afghanistan heroics
- Japan's hawks unveil sweeping defense upgrades
- U.S. orders staff out of South Sudan amid unrest
- Afghan security deal to be OK'd 'in timely manner'
- Guantanamo judge ejects defendant at 9/11 hearing
- U.S. boosts support for Philippines security forces
- Senate clears way for final vote on broad budget deal
- Balancing school and deployment
- Schools open campuses in booming markets abroad
- Education briefs
- Fast degrees for troops
- Senate confirms Johnson as new DHS secretary
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Marine recruits, officer candidates to get new Rugged All Terrain boots
2White House intruder identified as Army veteran
3Former HM3 receives Silver Star for saving Marine's life
4Marine sergeant and friends bag record-setting alligator
5Meet the 'mini-Marine carrier' set to revolutionize Corps aviation
- Girl at shopping mall kicks JROTC’s member’s butt in pushup contest
- Video: Kyle Carpenter leads South Carolina fans in pregame cheer
- 15th and 13th Marine Expeditionary Units launch Twitter war