Tuesday, December 17
- BAH rates up 5 percent in 2014; program changes on horizon
- Have Afghan forces intentionally surrendered turf in Sangin to the Taliban?
- Corps: Marine officer kept classified docs to pen book
- Medical retirees included in COLA reductions
- NATO: Afghanistan helo crash kills 6 U.S. troops
- Active-duty Marines to lead training mission in Central America
- Family of slain Marine want alleged shooter tried in U.S.
- Former Marine receives Silver Star for Afghanistan heroics
- Japan's hawks unveil sweeping defense upgrades
- U.S. orders staff out of South Sudan amid unrest
- Afghan security deal to be OK'd 'in timely manner'
- Guantanamo judge ejects defendant at 9/11 hearing
- U.S. boosts support for Philippines security forces
- Senate clears way for final vote on broad budget deal
- Balancing school and deployment
- Schools open campuses in booming markets abroad
- Education briefs
- Fast degrees for troops
- Senate confirms Johnson as new DHS secretary
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Kyle Carpenter plans to break a world record to start the Marine Corps Marathon
2Crewmember missing after MV-22 mishap in Arabian Sea
35th Marine Regiment will lead new crisis response unit in Middle East
4Crewmember missing after MV-22 mishap in Arabian Sea
5Marine vet's release from Mexican jail coming, lawmakers say
- Bonnie and Gen. Jim Amos pack up at Marine Corps’ Home of the Commandants
- Targets that actually deduct from overall rifle score are in the works for big marksmanship changes
- Marines returned Obama’s latte salute on social media, and the results are hilarious