Wednesday, January 29
- Former commandant: Fall of Fallujah makes U.S., Iraqi policy look 'weak'
- Japan envoy urges calm amid tensions with China
- U.S. Rep. talks with Obama about Marine vet in Iran
- Hagel plans review of all military medals and awards
- Karzai strikes friendlier tone toward U.S.
- U.S. official: North Korea nuclear reactor restarted
- Marine wants new lawyers in Iraq slaying retrial
- Pentagon will review higher pensions for top officers
- U.S. intel sees uptick in Olympic threat reports
- Wounded vet stars at Obama State of Union address
- North Korea warns of tensions over U.S.-South Korea war games
- No sign of political thaw after State of the Union
- Suicide bomber kills 2 Afghan army soldiers
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Research raises concerns for new helmet design
2Lejeune mess hall dedicated to Marines who died stopping bomb truck
3Erin Corwin's Marine husband says he now has 'closure'
4Former Marine pleads not guilty in Erin Corwin's death
5How one female officer won over her skeptical combat-arms Marines
- Marine mascot Chesty XIV becomes an NCO
- Hollywood Marine Adam Driver appears on GQ cover
- Terminal Lance creator sends ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ to commandant