Wednesday, January 29
- Former commandant: Fall of Fallujah makes U.S., Iraqi policy look 'weak'
- Japan envoy urges calm amid tensions with China
- U.S. Rep. talks with Obama about Marine vet in Iran
- Hagel plans review of all military medals and awards
- Karzai strikes friendlier tone toward U.S.
- U.S. official: North Korea nuclear reactor restarted
- Marine wants new lawyers in Iraq slaying retrial
- Pentagon will review higher pensions for top officers
- U.S. intel sees uptick in Olympic threat reports
- Wounded vet stars at Obama State of Union address
- North Korea warns of tensions over U.S.-South Korea war games
- No sign of political thaw after State of the Union
- Suicide bomber kills 2 Afghan army soldiers
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Sources: Marine Kyle Carpenter will receive MoH for heroism in Afghanistan
2Fundraiser identifies Marine pilot killed in crash
3Sources: Marine Kyle Carpenter will receive MoH for heroism in Afghanistan
4Fundraiser identifies Marine pilot killed in crash
5Two EOD techs take fall for Pendleton mishap that killed four
- EOD expert: We have seen the future of warfare, and it’s the IED
- Marine Corps discharges captain tied to sniper scandal
- Gen. “Mad Dog” Mattis just gave what may be the most motivating speech of all time