Wednesday, January 29
- Former commandant: Fall of Fallujah makes U.S., Iraqi policy look 'weak'
- Japan envoy urges calm amid tensions with China
- U.S. Rep. talks with Obama about Marine vet in Iran
- Hagel plans review of all military medals and awards
- Karzai strikes friendlier tone toward U.S.
- U.S. official: North Korea nuclear reactor restarted
- Marine wants new lawyers in Iraq slaying retrial
- Pentagon will review higher pensions for top officers
- U.S. intel sees uptick in Olympic threat reports
- Wounded vet stars at Obama State of Union address
- North Korea warns of tensions over U.S.-South Korea war games
- No sign of political thaw after State of the Union
- Suicide bomber kills 2 Afghan army soldiers
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Investigation reveals creepy details behind Marine colonel's firing
2MARSOC uses applicants' feedback to redesign workout prep program
3Marine who knew missing California woman arrested
4Video: Marine veteran saves woman from oncoming freight train
5Sergeant major portrayed in 'Generation Kill' faces child sex charges
- Public speaker apologizes to Marines for wearing DI uniform
- Recruit: Should I tell my DIs itís my birthday?
- Video: Marine held in Mexico gets day in court