Tuesday, February 4
- Robotic turrets: Corps' next-gen vehicles could feature remote weapons systems
- Meet your military Olympians
- Wide variety of faiths led to new policy to accommodate them
- Medal of Honor Museum seeks $11 million from S.C.
- Real 'Monuments Men' records go on display in D.C.
- U.S. official: 'Number of specific threats' at Sochi
- Appeals court upholds U.S. terrorism convictions
- Former Marine recruiter pleads guilty to killing 2 in Ill.
- 2 Marine Reserve generals promoted
- Senate vote to come soon on massive veterans' bill
- Obama, Pentagon officials meet to discuss U.S. troops in Afghanistan
- U.S. intel: Sense of destiny drives China aggression
- Internet firms release data on NSA requests
- China's navy holds Indian Ocean drills
- Senators want answers on veterans records breach
- Official: Snowden leaks lead to Pentagon costly change
- Russia: Syria to remove chemical weapons by March
- Pakistan talks with Taliban team delayed
- Bombings in and around Baghdad kill 7 people
- Marine loses leg in Afghanistan explosion
- Explosion hits military bus in Yemen; 2 killed
- Southern Command intel official faces bribery charges
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Sources: Marine Kyle Carpenter will receive MoH for heroism in Afghanistan
2Two EOD techs take fall for Pendleton mishap that killed four
3Sources: Marine Kyle Carpenter will receive MoH for heroism in Afghanistan
4Generals shed light on reports Afghan forces surrendered turf in Sangin
5Pentagon: Half of stateside Marine units at unacceptable readiness levels
- EOD expert: We have seen the future of warfare, and it’s the IED
- Marine Corps discharges captain tied to sniper scandal
- Gen. “Mad Dog” Mattis just gave what may be the most motivating speech of all time