Thursday, June 26
- War-fighter's paradox: Sebastian Junger on why combat vets hate war — but miss being in it
- Twentynine Palms-based Marine killed in Afghanistan
- Museum immortalizes Medal of Honor recipient's ferocious bayonet charge
- CMC: Marines' role in Afghanistan post-2014 to be clear in coming months
- Defense spending request includes $6B for new weapons
- Investigators probe whistleblower retaliation claims
- Bill would give separation pay to troops affected by 'don't ask'
- Death toll rises in southern Afghanistan battle
- Mourning millions: EU leaders mark WWI centennial
- On-board fire investigation prompts Air Force to ground all F-35s, while Marines, Navy remain hesitant
- Brain injury in veterans tied to higher Alzheimer's risk
- Researchers try to verify whether canines help patients with TBI, PTSD
- Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels
- U.S., Sunni states meet on Mideast insurgent crisis
- Iraqi parliament to meet in step to form new govt.
- Analysis: Iraq producing bizarre Mideast dynamic
- Iraq villagers flee militant advance in north
- U.S. ends Philippines anti-terror force
- Tactical Veteran: Frustrated job-seeker may need to adjust strategy
- Seoul: North Korea fires 3 short-range projectiles
- NATO says soldier killed in southern Afghanistan
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1USFK: Troops cannot pay for the companionship of 'juicy girls'
2Marine drill instructors weigh in on viral video face-off
3Real Marine stars in satirical military homecoming video
4Three women dropped from Marines' infantry officer course will not reattempt
5Marine's death reclassified to Operation Inherent Resolve
- Time Lapse: Watch Terminal Lance’s Marine author draw a comic strip
- Marine shot by Afghanistan sniper walks away unscathed
- Corps’ new CMC issues 239th birthday message to Marines