Thursday, August 28
- Obama calls on other nations to fight Islamic State
- USAF chief: Pratt close to developing F-35 engine fix
- Votel takes helm of Special Operations Command
- High school buddies followed similar path to jihad
- U.S. warplanes bomb targets in northern Iraq
- Jihadists kill dozens of captured Syrian soldiers
- U.N. Security Council meets on Ukraine crisis
- Rep. Hunter: Islamic State just 'guys in pajamas,' not an 'existential threat'
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- Cave team: Erin Corwin found in unmapped gold mine
- China vows to respond to U.S. surveillance flights
- Finland suspects Russian airspace violation
- 3 charged in assault on disabled S.C. veteran
- Alabama VA employee accused of sexually abusing patient
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1USFK: Troops cannot pay for the companionship of 'juicy girls'
2Marine drill instructors weigh in on viral video face-off
3Real Marine stars in satirical military homecoming video
4Three women dropped from Marines' infantry officer course will not reattempt
5Marine's death reclassified to Operation Inherent Resolve
- Time Lapse: Watch Terminal Lance’s Marine author draw a comic strip
- Marine shot by Afghanistan sniper walks away unscathed
- Corps’ new CMC issues 239th birthday message to Marines