Ten Marine Corps colonels have been nominated for promotion to the rank of brigadier general, Secretary of Defense Ash Carter announced today.
Those nominated include:
- Col. Michael Cederholm, military secretary to Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford at the Pentagon
- Col. Dennis Crall, executive officer to the deputy commander, U.S. Central Command in Tampa, Fla.
- Col. Bradford Gering, military assistant to Navy Secretary Ray Mabus at the Pentagon
- Col. James Glynn, military assistant to Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. John Paxton at the Pentagon
- Col. Gregory Masiello, director and program manager for F-35 Follow-On Development at the Pentagon's Joint Program Office
- Col. David Maxwell, commanding officer of Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
- Col. Stephen Neary, assessment branch chief for programs and resources with Headquarters Marine Corps at the Pentagon
- Col. Steven Sklenka, executive assistant to deputy commandant for installations and logistics Lt. Gen. William Faulkner with Headquarters Marine Corps at the Pentagon
- Col. Roger Turner Jr., office of the assistant commandant of the Marine Corps for plans, policy and operations with Headquarters Marine Corps at the Pentagon
- Col. Rick Uribe, commanding officer for Marine Aircraft Group 11 at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Calif.
All these nominations must be confirmed by the Senate before the promotions are finalized. Future assignments for the nominees have not yet been announced.