Top stories The new policy will favor merit over longevity, the service says.
Based on Oahu, MADIS crews face limitations when live-firing at home, so Konien was enthusiastic about the opportunity to fire rounds and missiles abroad.
The $21.5 billion budget request for military barracks would address a backlog of construction and repairs, logistics leaders said.
SPECIAL FEATURES Defense News is covering the evolving military, strategic, and regional implications of tensions and operations involving Iran.
Military Times has outlined helpful information about car insurance, renters insurance, and life insurance for troops.
Read up on tips and tricks in Military Times’ 2025 Permanent Change of Station Guide.
Learn how your military benefits — including health care, retirement pay and more — have changed in 2025.
CENTCOM Commander Adm. Brad Cooper told lawmakers Tuesday he's ready to "execute a broad range of contingencies" depending on how negotiations go.
Gen. Alexus Grynkewich said Europe should "absolutely" expect additional U.S. troop withdrawals as NATO allies provide more of their own defense.
Lt. Col. Mark Natale jumped from a Marine Corps KC-130 Hercules into the Sullivan Drop Zone at Fort Carson, Colorado, on April 24.
In other news The Pentagon awarded Perennial Autonomy a $500 million contract to accelerate procurement of counter-drone technology.
The sailor said medical personnel informed him, “with the chemicals that are in Monster, that it should be OK.”
The Air Force once explored the idea of a chemical weapon that would make enemy soldiers sexually irresistible to one another — striking a blow to morale. “I demand that the producers of this disgusting and juvenile war porn remove my voice immediately,” Steve Downes wrote in a post on X.
The sci-fi flick raises the premise: What if the final phase of U.S. Army Ranger selection suddenly involved fighting a giant alien robot?
MORE STORIES A provision in the Republican-backed reconciliation bill would roll back restrictions on what federal funds for-profit colleges can receive. VA and Pentagon leaders plan to review veteran transition programs to ensure separating troops are getting the support they need. Advocates hope to restart momentum in Congress this year on the Major Richard Star Act. The acting leader of the service was announced as President Donald Trump's pick to fill the top Coast Guard post permanently. Republican lawmakers are asking for punishment against the former Joint Chiefs Chairman for perceived moves undermining civilian control of the military. Congress last year passed legislation designed to simplify the process for veterans seeking medical help outside the VA health care system. The three new centers in the pilot program will be operated under the same Defense Department standards and use the same parent fee structure. Department leaders shifted about $340 million in budget savings to outside health care accounts without lawmakers' OK. Defense and veterans hearings on Capitol Hill for the week of May 19, 2025. The number of overdue disability claims rose to more than 400,000 cases after COVID-19 office closures and toxic exposure benefits expansion. Load More